3.21.2015

What's new...

Well it's been about a month since we got approved for our adoption. We have been buying baby things here and there and I've been working on the puzzle a little bit at a time. I've definitely got a ways to go. It is a lot harder than I thought it would be. Mainly its just finding the time to sit down and do it. But I am making progress.
In January, we were able to do a fun Instagram challenge called Instagram 60 days All About Us. Each day we put up a picture that let you all know a little more about us, in hopes to spread the word about our interest to adopt. It was fun to do on our end because I was learning new things about Dallas and Gabe too. It took a while to do but I am glad we did it.
We are in the "waiting" stages of our adoption process. I thought getting to this point would be the easiest but I was wrong. I hate the waiting stage because there is nothing I can do at this point. As impatient as I am right now, I know that our baby IS coming. That is the comfort that makes all the waiting endurable. I just need to tell myself that only 15 times a day... "OUR BABY IS COMING!!!" I'll just do a lot of gardening in the mean time.
Our puzzle fundraiser is still going strong and there are no words to express how grateful we feel for the generosity that has been shown to us. We are so humbled!!! 

Another exciting thing we have decided to do is race in the Chosen Marathon this September 26th. The purpose of Chosen Marathon is to support families in raising funds for their adoption, orphan care projects, and raise awareness of the orphan crisis locally, nationally, and globally. The race consits of a half marathon, 5k, and kids fun run. We are excited about running this race and invite anyone to run it with us!! Our team name is Baby Lundquist! I guess it is time to start training.

Here are a few pictures of the progress of the puzzle, as promised. Hopefully there will be even more progress by my next blog post.



 
This is when we got the puzzle in the mail.

 
 





This is the current progress of the puzzle. The easy parts are done, now to just fill in everything.